All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

1/25/2007

This Weekend at Work

Blogging has been slow lately.

Recently my father suggested to me that since he was having a “big O” birthday in 2008 he would like a once in a lifetime gift. For those of you that don’t know, a “big O” birthday is one that ends with a zero and people say “Ohhhh, he’s still alive”.

Dad wants a real honest to goodness wild-west elk hunt, complete with guide, horses and someone to pamper us in a camp we don’t make ourselves. This is a switch for my father. As a kid I can only remember getting him to take me deer hunting once or twice. As far as I know the only things he’s ever killed is a few fish and small game. Anyway he wants a hunt and I’m all for it.

The last time I looked into what these things cost, it wasn’t a lot. When I started checking them out this month I realized that this was a “big O” hunting trip. “Big O” meaning “Ohhh, they get that kind of cash for taking you hunting?”.

To make this trip happen I’ve been taking on as much consulting work as I can, in addition to my day job. So I’ve been swamped with things to do and not enough hours in the day to do them.

Starting tomorrow (Friday) afternoon after work, I’m pulling down a 1400 mile road trip though Wyoming and Montana to knock out a 15 location job. Hopefully the roads will be good and the snow will hold off. I’ll take the digital and maybe I’ll get some decent shots.

Speaking of photo’s, today at work I got within 50 yards of a bald eagle, but the zoom on the digital isn’t the greatest so the pics are so-so. If you want to see them email and I’ll send you one.

No comments:

Post a Comment