All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

7/02/2007

Can You See Me?


Extra points if you know the subject of this pic and post without scrolling down or enlarging the pic.

Can see me?

Can you hear me?

Touch me?

Feel me?

We'll I couldn't see him, not until he moved. I didn't hear him, because he made no sound. I did feel him as he struck and sunk two fangs in. I did make it a point to reach out and touch him with my brand new shovel.

It was just under 100 degrees at work today and this little guy was shading himself under a bit of plastic tarp that was supposed to be anchored down. I was hurrying trying to get done so I could get my work truck serviced in town before quiting time. I was walking up to my location and as I put my foot down I saw a snake strike. He hit the toe of my boot and retreated under the plastic. Then he rattled a warning. Freaking retarded snake didn't even know he was supposed to rattle first. Fortunate for me, my Danner's have steal toes. The rattler just chipped his tooth on my boot. This didn't keep me from mashing his head with a about three good wacks with the shovel. He wasn't as big as this guy. He came in at just 32 inches, and had 9 buttons on his tail.

If you look careful you can see his poison pouch and a fang, you'll have to enlarge it to see. Its on the upper right of his head. My job may be different than yours. The snakes at my work can kill, and they'll giver a try once in awhile. On the other hand, I can kill all the snakes at work and it won't have the human resources department running around trying to recruit more middle managers.

No comments:

Post a Comment