All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

3/19/2008

Confounded Contraption

I recently became the owner of a late 1960's vintage 25 acp. It is of a blow back design. The gun is now part of my collection as more of a curiosity than a functional firearm. However it is a firearm and as such it needs to be in good repair and functional. My problem is that I can't figure out how to field strip the weapon for cleaning. There are no take down levers, slide release or stop, and no visible method to remove the slide to access the barrel for cleaning. I've spent some time researching the company to get a manual but they are out of business. I'd like to clean it up and shoot it, as well as replace the springs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment