All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

8/28/2009

A Challenge

I used to post about my shooting a bit more than I have been. One of the reasons I don't is time and one of the other reasons is that my shooting interests are changing. The discipline that I'm most interested in now is one that doesn't have a great deal of acceptance because most people don't believe that it is possible. I've learned that keeping my mouth shut, about what I do, is the best way to keep from being called a liar. This is despite the fact that I have proof about some of my ability.

This year while shooting the Sundance competition an acquaintance asked me if I would be interested in shooting the 2010 ITRC . For those of you who don't know, ITRC is one of the few events where SPEC OP, LEO and civilians can compete head to head in a full out SPEC OP level event. I felt particulary honered, since the person asking me to cover the long range portion of the event was active duty SPEC OP for 20 years.

Yesterday another acquaintance approached me about teaming with him to shoot ITRC for next year. He wants me to shoot the short range portion of the event. Again I was honored as he is reconized as a shooting expert.

The challenge is this: I'm not in physical shape to participate. In order to shoot the course you have to be able to run it. I doubt that I could lug a full pack loaded down with 1,000 plus rounds of ammo, plus gear, plus water. You see its much easier to have a trigger finger that is in good shape than to have your whole body in shape.

So the question is, "how do I get in shape and prep for this if I'm going to do it"?

For a better explaination of the event by guys who have run it click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment