All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

2/17/2011

Snowbow

We've been enjoying a winter thaw the last week.  I suppose that is part of the reason I keep forgetting to blog about my snowbows.  A  snowbow is exactly like a rain bow but its caused when sun light is passed through a snow crystal instead of a raindrop.  Twice last week, on my way home from work, the setting sun produced snow bows.  The first day I mentioned to my wife that I wished I had a camera with me. The second day I was treated to a double bow.  No camera that day either.  Apparently they are rare, so rare that I wasn't able to find a decent pic on the web to attach to this post.  Imagine a rainbow painted in soft pastels, they were kind of like that but shimmery around the edges.  I wish I had my camera with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment