All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

2/17/2012

Friday

I just finished taking a series of on line aptitude and intelligence tests.  They were part of the hiring process for a job I applied to.  If you're looking for something to pray for today, I'd appreciate your prayers on my behalf.

It's been 3 1/2 years since I had anything that could pass for meaningful work.  I'm not complaining, a lot of guys are out of any kind of work.  We are in a depression that is on par, if not worse than the 30's.  I've been blessed by being able to get jobs that paid the bills and kept us afloat.  God has been good.   This new job has the potential for being very rewarding.  If it works out it might even mean that Mrs. Ipsa could be a stay at home mom.  This would be wonderful for us and is what we've wanted for 15 years.  It also means I might be able to make a weekend trip for some rafting again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment