All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

3/06/2012

How's That?

I've been having template issues for some time now.  At first I thought the problems were related to my changing to Windows 7 and back to using IE for a browser.  I had an guest suggest I get rid of "the truth laid bare" and it would speed things up.  So I decided to try and address some other issues at the same time.

The first problem has to do with the unreliability of the comments loading.  After the first of the year, when I started posting more regularly, my page visits tripled, but the comments remained almost nill.   I have noticed that I have to hit "refresh" several times to see the comment button come up.  I have no idea how to fix this.

Another issue has been "AnderToons".  Half the time the link is broken.  I did try loading the most recent code on his website, but that made more of a mess and still didn't work.  I've taken that off all together.  If there is a way to keep the toons and have everything work, I'd like to know.

I deleted a handful of blogs that don't post anymore.  I'd be happy to link them back if they start posting, just drop me an email.

I'm all ears when it comes to any other suggestions that would make this blog better.  Drop me an email if you still have problems with the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment