All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

5/23/2013

On the Right Track

It looks like Waterboy is being proven right:

Joe’s experiment brings that idea of a universally-available gun with uncensorable online blueprints one step closer to reality. “I’m trying to do the same thing Cody wants to do. I’m not an anarchist, but I don’t like the idea that the government is telling us ‘You can’t have that,’” he says. “I agree with Cody’s idea that this is a perfect fusion of the first and second amendments.”
Of course, there’s a certain thrill of pioneering a new gun design, too, Joe admits. “I may be the first person in the history of mankind to fire a bullet through a plastic rifled barrel. It’s an interesting feeling,” he says. “I feel like Samuel Colt.”

They still have a long way to go, but they will get there.

4 comments:

  1. WaterBoy12:44 PM

    Hmmm...not sure what I was right about, but...dumb luck, blind squirrel, broken clock, etc.

    I have one of these consumer-grade printers, BTW. Eventually when I get some time, I want to play around with this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've said that you had one and that you thoght they would be able to do this soon. You were right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WaterBoy4:18 PM

    Wow...getting old, I don't remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:30 PM

    Good use of high tech plastics and expensive machines. Because buying steel tubing is so hard. I like to see technology moving ahead but unless this is a baby step to building a matter replicator, this looks like a step in the wrong direction.

    ReplyDelete