All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

11/18/2014

A Good Kid

I saw this and had to repost it.

HIGH RIDGE, Mo. - It's a story of a young life saving an even younger one.
When an 11-month-old stopped breathing inside the High Ridge Walmart store Wednesday, Hillsboro High School student Abby Snodgrass knew exactly what to do.
"I was in the dressing room and I heard them call for the emergency over the radio," Snodgrass said. "They said, 'No pulse, no breathing.' And I just ran over there."
Snodgrass found a crowd surrounding the infant and her panicked mother.
"She did not look like a normal baby, she didn't look alive. And once I saw that no one was doing anything I asked if anyone knew CPR."
It turns out Snodgrass had recently learned CPR at her school.
It's a great story.  I wish they had more details but I'll take what I can get. 

Nobody knew what to do.  The baby had stopped breathing and was dying.  A crowd had gathered.  Other than a panicked call for help, nobody was doing anything.  They were waiting for the professionals. The teenager didn't know if CPR was going to work, but she did it anyway. 

That's the take away message from the story.  Hero's are made when the sheeple are standing around waiting for the professionals.  Hero's happen when someone does the right thing, even if they have doubts.  She wasn't sure if it would work but it was the right thing to do, so she tried.

1 comment:

  1. Susan8:46 AM

    I suspect what this story bears witness to is how many people have been brainwashed into the nanny state way of looking at things. Too many folks still believe that the police are available to protect and serve, not to defend their own selves first.

    Plus, it doesn't help that stories about people who are helped out by these Good Sams tend to turn around and sue the Good Sams for any little problem that might arise.

    I admit that prospect makes me think just a bit.

    ReplyDelete