All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

5/18/2015

Literary Cliff Hanger Trivia

I just finished rereading a book tonight.  It was published in 1986.  The book is a work of fiction.  The author is very successful in terms of numbers of books published, and has a dedicated following of fans.  I can't say that the author has ever been particularly original or innovative, but the ending of this book is a true cliff hanger that leaves you looking forward to the sequel.

For blog bragging rights answer the following:

1. Who is the Author?
2. What is the title of the book?
3. Why is this book unique in the authors repertoire?

These are the last three sentences of the book:

THIS WAS ONCE A CUSTOM OF MY PEOPLE.
IN MY LIFETIME I SHALL TAKE TWO.  THIS IS THE FIRST.

No fair Googling.

3 comments:

  1. WaterBoy10:45 AM

    Stumped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan7:15 PM

    I put that quote in a search engine and added Bible to the line. The very FIRST thing on the search page was YOUR little blog site. I thought that was so cool.
    I did not find the answer, but I just wanted to report that you were front and center, #1 selection on the search page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:42 AM

    I knew it sounded familiar, but had to google it. This, the walking drum, bendigo shafter and any of the sackett books were read and re-read many times by me when I was a youngster.

    ReplyDelete