All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

3/05/2016

Miserable Men

I admit it, I'm a sucker for click bait.  Which is why, even thought I knew it would be a sad reflection of American Masculinity I just had to click on  the link to Miserable Men.

The premise of the instagram site is photo's of men suffering in the malls of America to satisfy their wives shopping instincts.  My favorite is the guy being forced to help his wife shop for her new granny style bra.  My second favorite is the old guy coping a feel from the mannequin at Victoria Secrets.

Enjoy the link and remember to end meaningless suffering and humiliation; ban men from malls.

3 comments:

  1. I am really leery of clicking on that link. American Masculinity is in enough trouble without me seeing something like these photos.

    At my local mall which has a Victoria's Secret shop, they finally had to bolt down the bench that was in from of the shop due to the fact that people kept turning it around so they could leer at the mannequins on display. After awhile, they just simply removed the bench altogether. I found that amusing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the whole point was to leer.

      The guy granny bra shopping was hilarious. Not only did he not what to be there, you could tell he didn't want to see her try it on when they got home.

      Delete
  2. I hear what you are saying, but as the mom of an adult white guy in his prime and an older white guy hubby, it just pains me to see all the attacks that they live through and have to deal with each and every day.

    I grew up with a target rich environment of males all my life. Three brothers, to a dozen boys in my neighborhood. I love, appreciate and honor the male gender, and even in good fun, it is hard for me to voluntarily look at stuff like that. You guys are truly not as bad as you think you are.

    Now there are some on VD's blog who are mock worthy and don't deserve much respect. But the majority of you all do.

    ReplyDelete