All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

5/11/2016

12 Reasons Why Pastor Stopped Attending Sports Events

12) Every time I went, they asked me for money.

11) The people I had to sit with didn't seem very friendly.

10) The seats were very hard.

9) The coach never came to call on me.

8) The referee made a decision I couldn't agree with.

7) I had to sit with some hypocrites who were only there to see what others were wearing.

6) Some games went into overtime and I was late getting home.

5) The band played some songs I had never heard before.

4) The games are scheduled when I want to do other things.

3) I don't want to take my children because I want them to choose for themselves what sport they like best.

2) My parents took me to too many games when I was growing up.

1) Since I read a book on sports, I feel that I know more than the coaches, anyhow.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:43 AM

    Too true. Too true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan7:57 PM

    Point #1 could be true about anyone. Most referees are so bad they need to have either serious glasses or a rule book in Braille. I am convinced most of them are blind as a bat.

    ReplyDelete