All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

7/16/2006

Multifarious Monday

Random Thoughts

I’m a great cook; a so-so baker and believe it or not, until this last week, a virgin canner. I grew up watching dad help mom with the canning and my grandfathers both canned, I just never learned how. When we got married Mrs. Ipsa was into learning how to can (her family does it) so she naturally took over. This year the Mrs. needs a little extra help and I learned about cold packing and canning apricots. The last batch is finishing up now. So far I’ve only had one jar not seal. As they say so far so good.

We had our first baby class last week. We are very, very pleased with the outcome. We’re not the oldest geezers having a kid! Two couples were older than us. I guess the end of December is a good time to get laid, there were 30 women in class, all due in September. It was good to see that most of the gals had a guy who cared enough to show up to class. Over half were wearing a wedding ring. One gal had her mom with her, she had a ring on, I heard her say her husband was in Iraq. He’s going into a six month period where he’ll be in a very dangerous duty rotation, she’s scared for him and that her son might not ever see his dad.

Since Thursday night baby class is taking the place of Thursday night pistol shooting for 2 more weeks, I snuck off to the range for a little one on one time with the riffle. I’m still trying to get the savage I bought last year to shoot properly. It’s getting one more trip out before I read Savage the riot act. Does anyone out there know if I can convert a 300wsm action into a 308win with minimal work? I don’t think I could pawn this gun off on some unsuspecting pilgrim, so I may have to rebuild it into a decent gun if Savage won’t work with me on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment