All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

11/14/2006

True Story

As I’m coming out of the hills yesterday thinking about bloging about my little adventure, I’m flipping through the radio stations. I caught a bit of “Those Were the Days” (the All in the Family theme song). My mind drifted to thinking about if this was an appropriate place to use the word “ironic”. I don’t want to make Space Bunny mad and transgress one of her pet peeves.

I’m singing along and right when they get to the part in the song where it says “didn’t need no welfare state, everybody pulled his weight”; the announcer breaks in on the word “didn’t” and announces “this is NPR, National Public Radio”.

I guess NPR is a little touchy about some topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment