All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

6/12/2007

KFC

Holy inflamed esophagus burning with gastric acid Batman!

Some of you very astute readers will look at when this was posted and think, “gee wiz what was that old geezer Res doing up at that hour of the night, doesn’t he know he has to be a work in a few hours”. Let me tell you why I’m up typing instead of comfortably snuggled in bed where I belong. I ate devil chicken for dinner.

Normally when I have some time with the wife away, I’ll indulge myself in some form of convenient cuisine. The wife is gone for two weeks. I didn’t feel much like cooking. I went to the once tasty, now politically correct fryers of Kentucky style chicken. The fact that none of my cousins, aunts or other kin from Kentucky has ever fried chicken this way has never previously been an issue for me.

KFC has gone PC. The diet police have stirred up some local governments, like Gothem, I mean New York City, to pass laws against trans fatty acids. What the blue blazes trans fatty acids ever did to the diet police is beyond me. Apparently trans fat makes people fat, or at least that’s the theory. Another theory is people make themselves fat by cramming too much food down their gullet and not exercising enough afterward. That’s how I got fat. My own eat junk, don’t jog program did it, not cooking oil. However, that’s a politically incorrect philosophy. Personal responsibility, as a reason for why someone’s life is the way it is, has been widely discredited in politically correct circles.

Back to KFC, the evil purveyors of digestive distress. I’ve been waken up several times tonight by the overwhelming burning sensation of stomach acid trying to eat its way to freedom via vis my pie hole. Will it never end? This is beyond acid reflux, its acid gone wild. Not being a medical authority, I can’t speak to this as a scientific fact; however, I’m pretty sure that stomach acid isn’t supposed to go as far north as the nasal passages.

I guess I should thank the diet police. After this I won’t be eating KFC anytime this side of quadruple bypass again. Not that I eat it much anyway. Recently I restarted the treadmill/exercise/eat right program. After all, fast food really will kill ya. Thanks to the diet Nazi’s it will now do it almost instantaneously.

No comments:

Post a Comment