All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

8/21/2007

First Things First

OK. I know I've been remiss with the posting. I'm going to go for three today. These will be in the order I've been neglecting them.

First Post, Firearms. I managed to get to the range last week with the 45's. I've finally experienced recoil spring failure in the Kimber. It happened somewhere between 3,000 and 3,500 rounds. Not to shabby, considering they recommend you replace your recoil springs after 1,000 to 1,500 rounds.

On the riffle front, I took ,my new AR out for a sight in. I removed the scope that was on it and replaced it with a Burris 3x9. I made that change mostly because I had a Burris laying around and the scope that was on it was crap. Don't ever let any one tell you that Wolf riffle ammo is as good as anyone else only cheaper. I had a box and a half laying around and so I started my sight in with that. This target on the right is all Wolf 55 grain cheap stuff.
Save wolf for spray and pray or shoots where you just need to be on target but accuracy isn't too important. The target on the left is all Rem cheap stuff, also 55 grain. My first group with the Rem ammo came in sub moa.
Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I kept trying.
Although my first day doing a sight in had to be cut short, it was still profitable and I fell pretty good about the new toy for tagging dogs. I want to set down and work with it at 200 to see how it goes. A little more practice should help me get used to the trigger and improve my groups. Over all not bad for a first sight in, I expect I'll be moving into 70 grain bullets at 2900 FPS but we'll have to see how they preform out past 200 before I use them exclusively.

No comments:

Post a Comment