All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

1/27/2008

Repentance

Some people only learn things the hard way. For some reason they can't grasp the facts logically, they need a real life encounter before they are able to connect the dots and figure out the solution to the problem. I found this on the net. Here's an excerpt that I found worth sharing:
"Thank you for saving my life, and to the rest of you thank you for fighting for this man's right to protect me and my child. Tell him for me that I will no longer be part of the group who invades his home, and tries to tell him how to store his guns. Tell him I will never be part of any group who tries to make it impossible for him to buy his tool he used to save me. And tell him I will never again tell him how to raise his children properly, because obviously I was oblivious to the fact that responsible people such as him know how to raise their children better than I do. If not for this man I could very easily have been killed or raped, and my child could've been taken from me, so once more I need to say thanks for saving me, and with all sincerity to the rest of you, forgive me, for I have sinned."
Fortunately this women discovered the truth before it was too late. Had a real life gun nut, not been around she very likely would have been another crime statistic. Remember a gun in the hand is better than a cop hiding in the bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment