All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

9/05/2009

Now What?

I lost a good job.

Was out of meaningful work for nearly a year.

Had to go back to doing something that I'm good at but don't like, for people who constantly make bad business decisions.

I'm making less money than I did 20 years ago doing the same work.

I nearly came to blows with "Ball Boy" last night. Seriously. This has never happened with me at any point in my working life since I was 13 years old until yesterday.

I've not been allowed to do the work I was hired to do, mostly because a member of management is looking for things to do that so it looks like he is actually doing something productive.

Tonight I was pushed over the edge on another issue.

So I quit.

I didn't just walk out, as soon as I get done with this post, I will prepare a proper 2 weeks notice, like I promised. I will professionally finish out my two weeks.

Apparently not only have I sacrificed my family's financial well being by giving up my career and moving to WYO, but I am now screwing myself and them over further by quitting a paying job with no prospects for another one. I must have lost my mind.

And because things don't suck enough; the wife's parents are here for another 2 weeks. So I'm sure this is going to just look spiffy in their eyes come morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment