All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

4/30/2010

This is Serious Mum

Got game?  If you have to ask, probably not.

Vox has been running a series of posts for some time now on this topic.  I read them but mostly don't comment.  The reason is two fold.  One, as a Christian I'm ashamed of my non Christian days and of many things I've done.  I prefer to keep any conquests/indiscretions private.  Also, since any stories I would tell involve other people, it would be a major violation of someone else's privacy as well.  A gentleman never tells.  I never did in high-school or college, even when telling would have scored me major points.  Two, I don't have any interest in helping anyone shag more chicks.  Its not my problem.

In the most recent "Got game" post Vox was accused of basically being a middle aged voyeur looking to rekindle his lost and misspent youth.  Frankly I have no idea if this is true, and I don't care.  But it has got me thinking. Why are these kinds of posts seemingly so popular?  I think I have the answer.  The commenters are worried that:




*Jamie if you and your mates could email me some more songs, I'd be happy to post them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment