All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

6/10/2010

Home at Last

Four states in three days.

I took a trip and saw my brother his family, Farmer Tom and picked up some chicken.  I also discovered that yes Virginia there is a Kiester MN. Nothing much happens there, mostly they just sit around on their you know keisters.

My truck has been acting up lately so I rented a car to make the trip.  I decided that I'd spend the extra $3 a day and got one of these to ride around in.  I felt this was the environmentally responsible decision since the car gets about 9MPG better than my truck.  It was also the fun decision.  Unknown to me, my brother has been wanting one very badly.  However child number four is due to arrive in a couple of weeks and his wife said no.  Considering they won't be able to fit the whole family into one of their existing cars its probably a good choice.

My brother didn't see what I arrived in until he went outside to call his daughter in for dinner.  He came back in and asked me about my rental.  He said he knew it was a rental because 1. he saw a bar code on the window 2. it wasn't the V-8 and 3. He knew I would never buy a sports car with an automatic transmission.

For those of you dying to know.  It handles well.  It will get triple digits fairly quickly.  Acceleration doesn't slam you back into your seat, but it does push you back very steadily.  The speedometer claims 160 mph, but the car's steering response gets a little squirrelly around 124 mph making 130 about as fast as I wanted to try.  The engine was only pulling about 3800 rpms (its rated for 8,000) so I think it could have gone the distance.

Over all I had fun.  I disliked the standard transmission even with the manual option.  Driving a sports car is like marrying a virgin supermodel and wearing a condom.  You know its going to be really good, but it could be that much better: And that much would make all the difference.

I also enjoyed the XM radio and having a good sound system, so I did something I don't normally do and listened to the radio.  Does anyone know why the station dedicated to gay/lesbian programming is right next to the Disney station?

No comments:

Post a Comment