All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

7/02/2011

Sundance

Last weekend was the annual Cold Turkey 1,000 yard handgun shoot in Sundance Wyoming. I went.  I shot. I was soundly beaten. I had hopped to have better news to post.  After all, this year was my first year with corporate sponsorship.  I wanted to come home with at least a couple of first place prizes and maybe pick up a couple more sponsors. 

Here is the story of those of you who care.  Other people did a much better job of preping and shooting than I did.  Sure I've got a couple of alibi's I could share, but frankly some of the guys who showed up this year came to shoot and they did very well. If I was on my "A" game I would have done better and been much more competitive than I was.  As they say, "would of, should of, could of, never got me stuff".  Truth is that I'm very proud of the job some of the guys did, they really worked hard to prefect their equipment, loads and technique and they deserved to beat those of us who didn't put in the same amount of work they did.

I'm all ready working (much harder btw) on next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment