All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

3/18/2013

Need a Job?

The economy is slow, and your job isn't the best.  It's a thankless waste of time that sends a much needed pay check your way in exchange for 40 hrs of your life each week.  Typical situation?  Yep.  However one company is bucking the trend.

Advance Medical announces, "Beer Cart Fridays".
Employees at a Florida health care company are allowed to drink on the company's tab, on company time, thanks to a perk known as "Beer Cart Fridays."
I'm sure that working at Advance Medical involves long hours of cubical imprisonment and shuffling of endless stacks of paper.  I'd bet that a nice cold one on the house and on the clock is a tremendous mood booster.  I know that it was when I worked places where having a drink on the clock was OK.  It's not like everyone took advantage of it, but somehow just knowing you could if you wanted was a happy thought.

I wonder if they have a corresponding "main line Monday" where you get a little syringe full of speed to "jump start" your week too.

Just a thought.



2 comments:

  1. We had beer at work once, it was a big dinner thing we did for a proposal effort, lots of customers, etc. We had to get special permission for it and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see what the big deal is myself. Although the places I worked that were ok with it, seemed nicer. I think its more of a being allowed to do it vs needing to do it.

    ReplyDelete