All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

4/29/2006

May Day Protests

I like Mexicans. I like Mexican food, beer, and tequila, although I seldom drink alcohol anymore. I like the Mexicans I’ve worked with and I like the ones I’ve spent time with when I was living in Monterrey. I like most of the people I’ve met, lived with, and worked beside throughout Central America. Senoritas with long black hair, petite curves, quick smiles and friendly ways hold a place in my heart. Remind me sometime to tell you about how I almost didn’t make it out of Honduras without getting married. It’s a funny story, now.

May 1st has been set aside by mostly illegal immigrants to protest the way the US handles its immigration policy.

I just like to say: “If you don’t like it, get the hell out! If you’re here illegally, get out anyway."

Since most of these illegal’s are from Mexico, lets take a look at how they do things at home.

Mexican Constitution:

Article 11: Protects citzens from "undesirable aliens resident in the country."

Article 16: Grants private individuals authorization to make citizen's arrests.

Article 32: "Mexicans shall have priority over foreigners under equality of circumstances for all classes of concessions and for all employment, positions, or commissions of the Government in which the status of citizenship is not indispensable."

Article 33: "Foreigners may not in any way participate in the political affairs of the country."

In Mexico they can arrest “undesirable aliens”, who determines what’s undesirable? The Mexican citizen making the arrest. In Mexico native born Mexicans get first priority in getting a job. And the big one: In Mexico if you’re a foreigner they throw your butt in jail and kick you out of the country for protesting or in any way participating in politics.

Gosh almightily, we gringos are so darn insensitive, uncaring, and restrictive on people living here illegally. It must be racism.

Maybe we should treat foreigners the same way they do in other countries, like Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment