All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

12/14/2006

In Threes

“Where's Res?”

Fucken hell Res”, indeed.

Every time I looked at the arrangement of “baby’s breath” I wondered if I could work a swap with God, my breath for Cadee’s.

This is what it means to be a Christian, this is what the church looks like at its best. The ladies from over two dozen Detroit area churches worked out a schedule to help my sister out for the next several months.

My brother in law and sis picked the songs they wanted for the funeral, I only remember the last part of the last one.

“God, you give and take away”
“you give and take away”
“you give and take away”
“you give and take away”

“Yet I will teach my heart to say…”
“Blessed be the name”
“Blessed be the name”
“Blessed be the name of the Lord”

They say bad things come in threes. Last Monday I buried my niece, on Saturday we buried a friends mother, today another friend buried his father.

I haven’t been posting. I’ve been contemplating. I didn’t want to burden my friends (which I consider ya’ll) with long grief filled musings on death and other cheery topics when you should be preparing for Christmas and enjoying your families and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment