All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

11/25/2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

I hope you are aware of how blessed you have been this last year and are truly grateful for it. Our family celebrated Wednesday. I have to put in a full day of work on Thursday. Although I wish I had the day off, I'm thankful I have a job. I'm also thankful that the 13 hrs I'm working is all double time. It almost makes up for working on a holiday.

I spent a little time reflecting today on the fact that many of the things that irritate me are in fact the result of being blessed.

Problem: Kids are sick. Blessing: I have kids that normally are healthy.
Problem: Might lose my current job. Blessing: I have a job.
Problem: Couldn't fit all the leftovers in the fridge. Blessing: Lots of food.
Problem: Truck is getting old and falling apart. Blessing: I have a truck.
Problem: Spent 2 hrs in line to buy chicken stock. Blessing: I live in a country where everyone has access to stores.

I hope you find time to think through some of your blessings. Sometimes they aren't apparent or we forget. While we are on the topic of holidays, let me be among the first to wish you a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment