All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

1/02/2014

Back to Work?

So did everyone make it back to work today, or are you able to hold out till Monday morning?

I've especially enjoyed the last two days off.  Even though it was in the middle of the week it was the first two day weekend that I've had all year that didn't involve me using PTO time to get off.  That's right my first back to back two days off for 2013 was the last day of the year and the first day of 2014.  Not sure that it counts as a weekend, but I was glad to get it.

My new years resolutions are basic.  I need to lose weight.  More importantly, and maybe connectedly, I need to get a real job.  It's hard to believe that 5 years have gone by without meaningful employment.  I'm not saying I've not had work, because I have.  I've always been able to scare up something, road construction, burger flipping, coal mining, etc.  It's just been so long since I had a career type job that I'm afraid that meaningful employment is now unlikely. 

On another note:  For those of you who received a book from me for Christmas, they are due back to the Library on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment