All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

7/03/2018

Excited? Oh Yeah!

I just paid for something.  Anyone want to guess what it is?  Here's a hint; I bought it on-line from:


If you said "hunting license", you'd be right.  Want another hint?  We haven't been able to hunt this in Wyoming since 1977.



This only gets me in the drawing, so its not a done deal.  BUT, It feels great to get to at least put in for it.

I think the odds of actually getting a license and getting to hunt are right up there with a lotto ticket.  We only get 24 tags and as soon as the female bear mortality limit is reached (2 females) the hunt ends for everybody.  But if I can get a tag in the first group and hunt the first week, I'll at least be able to say I got to hunt the most dangerous game in the state.

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to the pics of your successful hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WaterBoy9:58 AM

    That's pretty pricey for a lotto ticket. I hope they refund it if you aren't selected....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Clint. Actually getting a license in the area I put in is something like 1 in 1,000,000 depending on how many out of state guys put in for it. If I do get it, I'll run out and buy a Power Ball ticket, just in case my luck holds.


    Waterboy, they give you $600 of that back if you are unsuccessful. So I'm only out $7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WaterBoy3:37 PM

      Well 7 bucks for one in a million is certainly better than 607 smackers. Good luck.

      My son-in-law-to-be has a residence in Wyoming; I asked him if he was going to try his luck and he said even if he got a tag, he wouldn't have the time to use it. So that's one fewer competitor for you.

      Delete
  4. Thanks. Here's hoping only 11 other guys put in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WaterBoy3:59 PM

      Well, according to this, there are also several thousand lottery entrants (Jane Goodall among them) trying to hijack the licenses to prevent bears from being hunted at all.

      Time to retaliate and go shoot a gorilla?

      Delete