All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

5/08/2006

"People and Mistakes"

People who do lots of work...
make lots of mistakes

People who do less work...
make less mistakes

People who do no work...
make no mistakes

People who make no mistakes...
gets promoted

That's why I spend most of my time sending e-mails & playing games at work
I need a promotion.

Monday is normally a bear of a day for me for getting things lined up for the week. Today I had to take care of some bookkeeping items for an organization that I do some work for. They received a disconnect notice for a utility bill that I paid. After 1 hour on the phone with the collections department they discovered the problem. Thirty eight cents, that’s right, 38 pennies from 3 months ago that hadn’t been paid. Apparently the check I cut was short, 3 MONTHS AGO. All they had to do was add it to the bill and I would have paid it. The stamp to mail out the disconnect notice cost 39 cents. Now I’m an extra hour behind for the day. How am I gonna find time to play some Tetris or come up with a good blog post?

No comments:

Post a Comment