All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

9/02/2015

Minor Edit

Kim Davis has raised a considerable stir with not granting SSM licenses.  I don't think her not issuing the license is as much of a problem as her reason for not issuing them.  Her reasoning is summed up in a statement she issued through her lawyers.
I never imagined a day like this would come, where I would be asked to violate a central teaching of Scripture and of Jesus Himself regarding marriage. To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God’s definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience. It is not a light issue for me. It is a Heaven or Hell decision. For me it is a decision of obedience. I have no animosity toward anyone and harbor no ill will. To me this has never been a gay or lesbian issue. It is about marriage and God’s Word. It is a matter of religious liberty, which is protected under the First Amendment, the Kentucky Constitution, and in the Kentucky Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
That statement explains her reasoning very clearly.  It also is what has the LBG crowd's panties and strapons in a bunch.  I have an editing suggestion that helps out both Ms. Davis and the rest of America.  I believe this will get Kim off the hook and allow the SJW herd to stifle themselves.

I never imagined a day like this would come, where I would be asked to violate a central teaching of The Koran and of Mohamad Himself regarding marriage. To issue a marriage license which conflicts with Allah’s definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience. It is not a light issue for me. It is a Heaven or Hell decision. For me it is a decision of obedience. I have no animosity toward anyone and harbor no ill will. To me this has never been a gay or lesbian issue. We should be beheading them for their sins.  It is about marriage and Allah's Word. It is a matter of religious liberty, which is protected under the First Amendment, the Kentucky Constitution, and in the Kentucky Religious Freedom Restoration Act. 
See  how nicely that works out?  Kim doesn't have to issue the licenses and the SJW's can't find anything to complain about.

SJW's dumb but not that stupid.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:05 PM

    Works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WaterBoy5:15 PM

    I would no more accept a statement like that from a Muslim in her position than I would accept one from an atheist clerk refusing to grant a building permit to construct a church on the grounds that -- according to his personal beliefs -- it's a waste of space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan5:15 PM

    If I am understanding the situation in her community, she is elected to that position. While I do definitely agree with her thinking, she is an elected official if what I read earlier yesterday was true.

    When you are elected, you are responsible for serving ALL the voters, and you can't just pick and choose. If she knows about this part of the Bible, she should remember what Jesus said regarding rendering Caesar his due.

    She is in a hard place right now, but elected people have to serve everyone, they don't get to cherry pick. Your edit is indeed what she should have done.

    I know you are probably not expecting this reaction from me, but she does have choices she can make to satisfy her conscience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WaterBoy5:30 PM

    Res Ipsa: "Ms. Davis"

    Mrs. Davis...I believe she is married.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Davis...I believe she is married.

    Yeah, it'll work THIS time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you are elected, you are responsible for serving ALL the voters, and you can't just pick and choose.

    Bah, screw that thinking!! SCOTUS should have thought of that before they vacated all those votes.

    The more I think about this, the more molon labe I get. There HAS to be limits. We cannot let judges simply put on a crown and rule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WaterBoy10:06 PM

      Bill: "There HAS to be limits. We cannot let judges simply put on a crown and rule."

      The only way that will change is by amending the Constitution to change the way SCOTUS judges are appointed and/or the length of time they serve. Until then, the kings and queens of the High Court will rule.

      There's a mechanism in place for doing so, but I doubt very highly that it will see the light of day in this political climate.

      Delete
    2. The only way that will change is by

      That or civil disobedience, or we could do the same thing we did last time a group of elicit judges decided to serve the interests of a crown instead of the law.

      Delete
    3. Susan8:39 AM

      I agree, but isn't that kind of our complaint about elected officials who deliberately ignore us? They get a free pass, while this lady is being carted off to jail.

      I recognize I am opening up a can of worms with this kind of thinking, but there it is. A Christian is told to be in the world, but not be part of it. Well in her elected position she is a part of it.

      I sincerely commend her stand, but once this rotten thinking became part of the law, she kinda became part of the world, when she needs to be avoiding that. Being a Christian in the legislature is a little different.

      You have more wiggle room to oppose deviancy before the law is even passed. But an elected clerk is totally different. They are responsible for doing their jobs by whatever the law is in their community, or the nation now.

      I wish I could remember exactly where I heard this yesterday, someone was talking about how she might have the law on her side. It was kind of a technicality they were referring to, but I thought it was an interesting one.

      Delete
  7. WaterBoy10:16 PM

    OT: Any chance Res Ipsa will be joining the Western Archies Limited Meetup? Could be an interesting meeting....

    Need to contact Astrosmith, too, and see if he's in a position to attend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to make it this trip.

      The moose hunt is in a couple of weeks and taking two days off isn't going to work.

      Delete