All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

9/23/2015

Prayer Request

I don't blog about work or work related stuff mostly because for the last 5 years I've been working a dead end low paying job.  Those of you who know me in real life and who have known me for a while probably remember me working for and on some cool projects.  I've been blessed/stuck (depends on POV) where I am for two reasons: 1. Health insurance is the law 2. this company lets me work at night so either myself or Mrs. Ipsa is home with the kids.

This has allowed us to homeschool, and raise our own children.  The down side is that Mrs. Ipsa has had to work part time instead of staying at home and of course we're pretty much living paycheck to paycheck (which I hate).  As a side note, its better to raise your kids when you are young.  Our friends that are our age are graduating their kids from high school and college.  We're teaching multiplication tables.

This week I applied to two banking jobs.  One of them contacted me back in less than 12 hours to set up a phone interview.

If you are so inclined, I'm asking that you pray for me in a specific way:
  1. That I will be blessed with a job that brings glory to the Kingdom by utilizing my God given talents in a way that pleases Him and benefits my employer.
  2. That the pay they offer is sufficient for our family so that Mrs. Ipsa can stay home fulltime; and that I will be blessed financially above my hopes and expectations so that I can do more for the Kingdom and my family.  (we tithe now but there is not much extra)
  3. That if this, or any other opportunity, isn't the right one, God will take it off the table quickly.  Better to get a fast "no" than to have maybe drag on.
  4. If the right opportunity is present that God will make it clear and that all of the details will come together.
  5. That I will exceed the expectations of my employer and bring a blessing to them.
Thank you

9 comments:

  1. Susan3:08 PM

    God knows whether this job is right for you or not. If it is, and it is where God wants you to be, I sure hope you get it. Be prepared though for your sleeping pattern to not go back to normal for a while if you do get this daytime job.
    My daughter told me it took her almost a year to get back into a normal sleep routine. A lot of her stomach problems went away when she started days instead of nights.

    Your situation resembles the one of the young couple across the street from me. They both work, but their schedules are staggered so that they are raising their own kids, not paying for a daycare.
    Both of the parents also have lots of family in the area they can call on too for emergency sitter help.

    If it helps any too, you are both following a Biblical principle regarding the Proverb about "teach your child". Even though it is obvious to some, it has no age limit mentioned in the passage. That fact hit me only a couple of years ago, even though I have been aware of it most of my life.

    Even though society says different, there really is no age where you stop being a parent to your kids. It is just that the job evolves as they get older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:17 PM

      Thanks Susan.

      Recently I started taking Deut 6 seriously. I've known what it said since I was a kid. Now I'm obeying,

      Res Ipsa

      Delete
  2. WaterBoy5:37 PM

    Good luck, man. If anybody deserves it, it's you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers sent! I trust you prepped well for the interview (do you wear a suit to a phone interview?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Res,

    I'll be praying for you and your job situation. Isn't it awesome that we have access to the throne of God Almighty?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. The call is at 1:30. I'll report back after I know something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God speed brother. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:07 PM

    May Hashem give you clear direction and guidance this afternoon.

    May the Lord answer you when you are in distress;
    may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.


    May he send you help from the sanctuary
    and grant you support from Zion.


    May he remember all your sacrifices
    and accept your burnt offerings.


    May he give you the desire of your heart
    and make all your plans succeed.


    May we shout for joy over your victory
    and lift up our banners in the name of our God.


    May the Lord grant all your requests.

    Now this I know: The Lord gives victory to his anointed.
    He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary with the victorious power of his right hand.


    Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
    but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.


    They are brought to their knees and fall,
    but we rise up and stand firm.


    Lord, give victory to the king!
    Answer us when we call!


    - Psalm 20

    ReplyDelete