All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

9/29/2015

Truck...Packed

With the exception of a cooler and a couple of things that have to wait till we leave, the truck is packed.

I bought a propane powered generator back in May.  It works great and provided enough clean power to meet my needs.  I had a person invite themselves on my trip with me.  They wanted to sleep indoors and are springing for part of the cost of a cabin.  So, I'm on the power grid and the generator set up is staying at home.  This means that in addition to electricity I will also have to suffer through having hot and cold running water and a shower every night.

9 comments:

  1. Hot showers on a hunting trip? INCONCEIVABLE!

    Have fun Res!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WaterBoy2:04 AM

    Oh, I'm sorry...I thought you said you would be camping, not vacationing. Silk sheets are not down sleeping bags, you know. I hope you packed the good china and the crystal wine goblets.

    Then again, it IS hell getting old. So enjoy the Laz-E-Boy massage chair after a long day of traipsing over hill and dale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan8:53 AM

    Mock your friend all you want to, but I think you two will enjoy your hunting trip far more now that your mid aged backs are in proper beds.
    Getting old might not be for sissies, but at least we know how and when to appreciate our creature comforts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WaterBoy11:12 AM

    I kid because I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan1:04 PM

      Totally understand that WaterBoy. Coming from a family of hunters, plus lots of hunters at the Church I used to attend, I am totally with you guys and your love of hunting.

      What I worry about now are the infestations of illegal marijuana crops that are being grown in our forests. I sure would hate for one of the hunters I know to inadvertently stray where they don't belong.

      Delete
  5. Res Ipsa7:33 PM

    Mock all you want. I haven't had a vacation in years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan3:14 PM

      About 24 hours into your trip, you are going to find yourself wondering why that is.

      Delete
  6. Well, shoot, I should have invited myself as well. Didn't know that all I had to do was pony up a cabin...

    ReplyDelete