All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

6/02/2006

Catholic Bashing

Easy Gregg, don’t have a stroke this isn’t what you think.

I’m not Catholic, never been Catholic. It’s fascinating to me to see how many people want to bash the Catholic Church. Largely I don’t see the point in it myself. If you disagree with the RCC it’s very easy to go to church someplace else. In the US we have over 3,000 different denominations to chose from that aren’t Catholic, many of them aren’t really Christian either but that’s a different post.

So why beat up on the RCC? For some its doctrine/dogma, for others its rebellion against religion, for some it’s a sadistic nun experience. I don’t get the excitement about The DaVinci Code. It seems to me the premise is just another attack on the RCC and not a very intelligent one at that.

I have read excerpts from the book and seen solid rebuttals of the conspiracy theory that it espouses. I have no intention of seeing the movie. Not because of the content of the book. The last Tom Hanks movie I saw he costarred opposite of a volley ball. Frankly, Wilson gave a much move lively and engaging performance. I enjoy Ron Howard. I like him as an actor and a director. The day I need the guy who played Opie Taylor, to explain religion to me is the day I need one of you, to grab the biggest family bible you can find and knock some sense back in me with it. I'd do it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment