All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

6/16/2006

Thursday Night Gun Fight 6-15

Tonight was all about speed on 5 steel targets. The targets are 30in tall steel poppers that fall over when shot. They were stationed in a 6 foot wide arrangement similar to a bowling pin lay out. The drill was to draw and fire knocking down as many poppers as quickly as possible.

Good news: I broke 1.5 seconds out of the holster. (Draw, shoot & hit)

Bad news: I can make the first hit but the follow ups kick my butt. My fastest draw was also my worst time, over 13 seconds.

Better news: once I figured out that my problem was being way too antsy, I settled down and took more time on the draw and got my act together.

Bad news: All but a handful of runs took me 6 or more shots to clear the course.

Results: After getting my act together I was able to post scores in the high 5’s to lower 6’s, (mostly 6’s, I broke 6.0 once) but I still needed 6 shots to clear the course (all but twice). Taking longer (around 2.0) on the draw dramatically improved my times overall.

My best time was still way high of the 3.55 seconds posted tonight. I hate to say it but a Glock has a much faster cycle time than any make of 1911 45 acp, at least as they come from the factory. In this scenario a Glock would cut an entire second off the best time just on cycle speed.


Gun questions:

Do any of you have any experience mixing “Ed’s Red” gun cleaning solvent? What are your results with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment