All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

6/05/2006

Looking for a Job

With a baby on the way I’ve been considering a job change. Being self employed is great and all but I’m seeing two draw backs. The first is health benefits which are costly if I’m going to keep the same level of coverage that my wife’s employer has. The second is I work out of the house and having a wife and kid at home would seriously hamper my productivity.

I just got back home from an interview that I was hesitant about going to. Mostly because I wasn’t sure they’d pay enough to make it worth my while. I haven’t been real eager to relocate, even in the state but here is a live feed from the area.

Here’s a picture I took Saturday.




These are lupine.



Anyway the job is a pay cut, but I do get to live in a decent neighborhood. There was one question that I didn’t answer right. I answered truthfully but it was the wrong thing to say. “Were you born in Wyoming?” No. We’ll see if that hurt me.

Decent pay, decent benefits and above average hunting and fishing; the sacrifices I’m willing to make for the family. Someone should nominate me for father of the year. We’ll see if they want me. The job that is, the family is stuck with what they got.

No comments:

Post a Comment