All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

6/23/2006

Thursday Night 6-22-06

This week at league we had a low turn out. Every year American Firearms Training and Tactics comes to Wyoming to spend a long weekend putting on classes. The things they do are pretty cool. They have everything from basic handgun to tactical/combat to jumping out of helicopters and live fire assaults. I’ve wanted to go and take the combat handgun and 1000 yard advanced rifle classes for sometime but work/disposable cash never seems to come together in the right combination for me to go. Anyway a bunch of our guys are gone this week, including the guy with the good timer.

This week we ran two different scenarios. The first was the draw and shoot 7 plate accuracy exercise that I have a pic of above. Since I didn’t have a timer that worked I don’t have my times this week. I did manage to clear the course in 7 shots. Falling plates set up at different heights and sizes makes for a decent warm up.

Next we moved on to a drill designed by the Patron Saint of the 1911, Jeff Cooper. We ran several El Presidentes. Lame drill but we had a new guy and a new girl that showed up, he wanted to run it after hearing about it. Again no timer but I did manage a few times thru with no deducts (scored all “A” rings). I got 3 or 4 Mozambiques in as well. Someone, not naming names, needs to practice head shots some more.

After taking a ribbing at Nate’s last week I broke down and got the Springfield out of storage and ran drills with it. I still like it, but even for league I’d rather have my short barrel Kimber. I’ve been thinking about making some changes to the Springfield, maybe as a winter project. I might work on the configuration and up grade it to one of their race guns. Who knows maybe I’ll get into using it more after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment